It’s inevitable; stuff spills or you track in mud by mistake on a rainy afternoon. Here are some homemade carpet cleaning products you might have at home:
- Small spray bottle.
- 1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid.
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
- 1 cup warm water.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Clean absorbent towel.
- Clean sponge.
- Gather the ingredients to make your carpet cleaner. Along with being an amazing concoction, vinegar and baking soda put on quite a show when mixed. Vinegar is an acid, and baking soda is a base, so when the two mix together, they create carbon dioxide, which results in lots and lots of cleaning bubbles. Add the dishwashing liquid to the spray bottle along with vinegar, and then top with the warm water. Working over a sink, with the top of the spray bottle close at hand, add the baking soda, and then quickly screw on the top of the spray bottle.
- Vacuum over the area and then wipe gently with the abrasive side of a sponge.
- Spray the soiled area generously with the carpet cleaner, and then gently rub and dab with the towel. You should start to see cleaning results right away.
- Continue dabbing and wiping with the towel to absorb the water and completely remove the stain.